Saturday, May 10, 2008

Xanga: Sept 2, 2006: Laptop Suicide

Sadly, I regret to inform you that this morning at 10:34 a.m. Mac dropped off the coffee table in a gruesome suicide attempt. I was not immediately alarmed as Mac has jumped off this ledge before and escaped without harm (he tries to follow me whenever I walk away, no doubt suspicious of my relationship with the PC in the other room). However, today was different. After the fall (which was a slow 15-inch drop) I picked him up and quickly realized that this was not just another attempt to follow me into the other room. Mac had strategically landed with all his small weight on his power supply plug; it was a blatant attack on his own life. If you can stomach the gorey details, the metal cylindrical frame of his plug was bent out in two directions and the rod inside was broken. On Mac himself, his aluminum frame was dented next to the power outlet and the rod inside the outlet was also broken. At the present time, Mac is still in critical condition.

Please send your flowers and notes for Mac to my address and I'll make sure he gets them. I'll also see that he gets counseling for his jealousy after he is fully recovered from this ordeal.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment